Friday, July 31, 2009

Great Falls National Park Photos

These three photos are hot off the camera. They were taken earlier today with my trusty Canon Rebel XTi with the 18-55mm kit lens. Since they were handheld shots and I sought to get the widest possible angle, I didn't use the Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC (image stabilizer).

 


 


 


These photos are actually composite images using Canon PhotoStitch, which allows me to put together these panoramic shots. I think the quality on these shots are superior to my earlier efforts to capture the Great Falls.

The last photo shows the falls and the hydroelectric plant, which is what makes this location so important to the nation's history. The industrial revolution began its infancy in Paterson, New Jersey with the 70 foot drop in the Passaic River providing power to the region.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: