Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bronx State Senator Blocking MTA Bailout Lives in Westchester?

Who does New York State Senator Pedro Espada, Jr. represent? He represents the 33rd District in the Bronx, and while he has a condo in the district, residents there say he never actually lives there
Espada does own a co-op in the Bronx -- at 325 East 201st St.

Members of the co-op board told CBS 2 HD that while Sen. Espada owns an apartment there he doesn't live here.

"I have never seen him in the building, not ever. I do my laundry in the building. I come and go with my 1-year-old. Unfortunately, I've never seen him here," resident Erin Cicalese said.
Instead, he's got a nice house in a tony part of Mamaroneck.

Here's a map of his district. Mamaroneck is nowhere near his district. I'd say that he's carpetbagging by the looks of it - maintaining a residence simply to retain his eligibility to run for office there, but his real residence is elsewhere.

Gothamist has much more.

No comments: