Friday, July 25, 2008

Name That Party: Disgraced Atlantic City Mayor Edition

The disgraced former Mayor of Atlantic City, Robert Levy, was sentenced to probation and forced to pay a fine of $5,000 over lying about his military record.
Levy, 61, had pleaded guilty in federal court in Camden in November to one count of falsifying his service record when he applied for increased veterans benefits in January 2003.

During today's hearing, Judge Jerome B. Simandle asked Levy to explain more about the dangerous missions behind enemy lines he told probation officers he participated in.

"I just picked up my M-16 and my radio and went along," said Levy, looking tan and fit with a neatly trimmed gray beard. "I didn't do this on a regular basis, but on occasion they asked me and I always said yes. I was not a hero running around like Rambo. I was scared to death."

But Judge Jerome B. Simandle was skeptical.

"It would appear to be a significant exaggeration was made to the probation,"
The Star Ledger fails to provide his political affiliation.

Those living in New Jersey know that you're a Democrat unless otherwise specified. The media should know better since such stories get picked up nationally.

It's not difficult. Throw the (D) after his name is first mentioned. It's not hard.

And the kicker is that Levy may end up collecting VA benefits he sought. That's a travesty all of its own.

UPDATE:
On cue, the AP picks up the story, and doesn't bother to report Levy's political affiliation. Figures.

No comments: