Friday, November 09, 2007

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you “believe in.” It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won’t believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.
Wow, the founder of The Weather Channel speaks out against Al Gore's view of global warming. It has often been said that the science of global warming cannot be challenged. Intersting, wikipedia has a list of scientists challenging the global warming caused by man theory.

In addition, one of the leading Meteorologist, Dr. William Gray, Professor Emeritus, Colorado State University, basically accuses the entire scientific community of fraud for its stance on global warming. I an interview with the Denver Posts David Harsanyi, Gray is quoted as saying:
"They've been brainwashing us for 20 years," Gray says. "Starting with the nuclear winter and now with the global warming. This scare will also run its course. In 15-20 years, we'll look back and see what a hoax this was."

Gray directs me to a 1975 Newsweek article that whipped up a different fear: a coming ice age.

"Climatologists," reads the piece, "are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for the climatic change. ... The longer the planners delay, the more difficult will they find it to cope with climatic change once the results become grim reality."

***

"Let's just say a crowd of baby boomers and yuppies have hijacked this thing," Gray says. "It's about politics. Very few people have experience with some real data. I think that there is so much general lack of knowledge on this. I've been at this over 50 years down in the trenches working, thinking and teaching."

Gray acknowledges that we've had some warming the past 30 years. "I don't question that," he explains. "And humans might have caused a very slight amount of this warming. Very slight. But this warming trend is not going to keep on going. My belief is that three, four years from now, the globe will start to cool again, as it did from the middle '40s to the middle '70s."


I must admit, I am very skeptical that man caused or created global warming. Man may have added to global warming, but not more than that. Also, someone answer me this: If CO2 is the cause of global warming, and plants use CO2 to create O2 as part of photosynthesis (4th grade science class coming back to me now), than shouldn't plants be thriving? And if they are thriving shouldn't they be producing more O2? And if they produce more O2, doesn't that offset any CO2 we add to the environment? In other words, doesn't nature provide a natural balance to this?

No comments: