Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson Drops Out Of 2008 Presidential Race

This isn't entirely unexpected. His campaign has had trouble gaining traction and hasn't caught fire with voters either, despite his fans clamoring for him to jump into the race throughout much of last year.

CNN reports as follows:
"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."
It remains to be seen who he'll choose to endorse and whether his game plan was to go for the Vice Presidential slot.

UPDATE:
Others blogging Thompson's departure, which may be related to his mother's declining health: Hot Air, NRO Campaign Spot (who notes he's not planning on making any endorsements of the remaining candidates at this time), and Say Anything.

Trackposted to Pirate's Cove, Is It Just Me?, Rosemary's Thoughts, Leaning Straight Up, Big Dog's Weblog, third world county, Dumb Ox Daily News, A Newt One, Right Truth, and Right Voices, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

No comments: