Monday, November 27, 2006

Have I Ever

With props to Parkway Rest Stop, here are my answers to the following questions of "have I ever...":

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink–Yup
2. Swam with wild dolphins–Nope. Swimming with the fishes is dangerous business..
3. Climbed a mountain–Depends on what you call a mountain. High Peak in New Jersey is a low one by global standards, but the tallest one in New Jersey.
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive–I don't drive stickshift.
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid–We're talking about the one in Egypt right? Nope. And nope for the one down in Mexico either.
6. Held a tarantula–Not a chance.
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone–No comment.
8. Said “I love you’ and meant it! –Absolutely.
9. Hugged a tree–Silly human, you chop trees down, not hug them.
10. Bungee jumped–No, and why would I jump from a perfectly good bridge?
11. Visited Paris-Nope, but I might.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea–Yes, though it was from an airplane several times. Impressive. Most impressive.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise–Too many times to count.
14. Seen the Northern Lights–Probably.
15. Gone to a huge sports game–I gave up my seat to the Division Series at Shea this year so Mrs. Lawhawk could see the Mets beat the Dodgers. I did see the Jets lose to the Patriots when the Patriots went the whole way and won the Super Bowl once.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa–Nope. Never been there.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables–Yes. Used to grow vegies with my folks.
18. Touched an iceberg–Nope. Does lettuce count?
19. Slept under the stars–Yes, several times including in the hills outside Jerusalem Israel.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper–Nope.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon–Haven't tried that one.
22. Watched a meteor shower–Most recently at Bryce Canyon National Park. Missed the most recent one because of cloud cover.
23. Drunk champagne–What kind of question is that? Of course, and I'd done both the sparkling wine and French varieties.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity–No, but I’m pretty good at giving what I can afford.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope–Most recently again at Bryce Canyon National Park. Incredible what you can see with one.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment–I'm not telling.
27. Had a good fight–I utilized tai-kwan leap once or twice. Boot to the head. And I didn't miss.
28. Bet on a winning horse–Yes, even hit a double in the Travers.
29. Asked out a stranger–If you've asked them out, are they really a stranger?
30. Had a snowball fight–Yes. Though the snow may have been ice, and the ice may have been a shade of grey/brown. Hey, that's what snow in Brooklyn looks like after a day or two.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can–Sure, but why would I do that now.
32. Held a lamb–Lamb chops perhaps, but not a live one.
33. Seen a total eclipse–Don't don’t think so.
34. Ridden a roller coaster–Absolutely. The more loops the better. But don't count out the grand old wooden coasters.
35. Scored a winning goal–Probably, but I don't gloat.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking–Who are you calling a fool?
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day–I pick up accents way too easily. Had an Israeli accent for a while; can do a decent British accent with little effort and Brooklynese is the mother tongue.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment–Absolutely.
39. Visited all 5 continents–No. Been to Asia and flown over Europe, but that's about it.
40. Taken care of someone who was drunk–Been on both ends of that dilemma.
41. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country–Again, who is this stranger you keep talking of; once I start dancing, I'm going to get to know them.
42. Watched wild whales–Yes; at Bodega Bay in California. Grey whales, right off the coast. Most incredible and very difficult to pick out among the swells.
43. Stolen a sign–No, but I know people who have.
44. Backpacked–Yes. In Israel.
45. Taken a road-trip–Too many times to count.
46. Gone rock climbing–Not exactly rock climbing. I have done rappelling though.
47. Midnight walk on the beach – Don't think so.
45. Gone sky diving–Nope.
49. Taken a train through Europe–Nope, never been in Europe.
50. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love–Not anymore.
51. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them–Do community tables count?
52. Milked a cow–Nope.
53. Alphabetized your CDs–All the time.
54. Sung karaoke–Once, and it was never spoken of ever again.
55. Lounged around in bed all day– You should try it sometimes. It works wonders, especially if shared with the one you love.
56. Gone scuba diving–Nope, but I'd love to get the chance, especially if I have waterproof camera equipment with me.
57. Kissed in the rain–Without a doubt.
58. Gone to a drive-in theatre–Sure. And I think the drive in is still there too.
59. Started a business–Yes, and it wasn't half bad.
60. Taken a martial arts class–Does listening to Boot to the Head count?
61. Been in a movie–I'm too busy trying to write one than to star in one.
62. Crashed a party–Who hasn't?
63. Gone without food for 5 days–And this would be a good idea why?
64. Gotten a tattoo–See answer to 63.
65. Got flowers for no reason–Yes. Sometimes it's just the right thing to do.
66. Performed on stage–Worked as stage manager, but never the front stage guy.
67. Been to Las Vegas–Several times. But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - like my money.
68. Recorded music–Nope.
69. Buried one/both of your parents–Will not have to deal with that issue for a long long time I hope.
70. Been on a cruise ship–Never. And it isn't my fault.
71. Spoken more than one language fluently–My French teacher and ulpan teachers would take umbrage with the idea that I ever spoke their languages.
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over–Nope.
73. Walked a famous bridge–Quite a few, but two stand out - Golden Gate Bridge on my honeymoon, and the Manhattan Bridge on 9/11.
74. Had plastic surgery–No.
75. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived–Curious wording, but I don't recall there being involved in an accident so severe that it might have resulted in my passing.
76. Written articles for a large publication–Been published a few times in law journals, but my blog gets most of my attention these days - unfortunately for my movie script. Oh, and I got a couple of letters published in the local major paper.
77. Tried to lose weight seriously–Nope. Been told to gain weight though.
78. Been in the military–No, though I did apply for JAG but wasn't accepted.
79. Read a good book–A few.
80. Piloted an airplane–If I had to fly a plane, who the heck was the pilot and why did they have the fish?
80. Petted a stingray–Yes, but it was at Sea World.
81. Broken someone’s heart–Probably.
82. Broken a bone–Yes, and it wasn't pretty. Compound fracture of the elbow, though no bone broke the skin.
83. Eaten sushi– [updated and corrected answer is YES!!!! Love it. Nothing quite beats taste of great fish]
84. Had your picture in the newspaper–Yes. When I got married.
85. Parasailed–Nope.
86. Skipped all your school reunions–Went to 10th anniversary high school reunion, but that's it.
87. Shaved your head–Why would I mess with success?
88. Caused a car accident–Define 'accident.' No.
89. Pretended to be “sick”–I have all those sick days and can't use them unless I'm sick? Are you kidding me?
90. Swam in the Pacific Ocean–Yes, though it was more like tricked.
91. Saved someone’s life–Yes. Saved boss with the Heimlich maneuver when he was choking.
92. Fainted–No.
93. Been in the room while someone is giving birth–Nope.
94. Hitchhiked–Nope. Didn't your parents teach you not to do this?
95. Adopted a child–No.
96. Been caught daydreaming–From second grade on.
97. Been to the Painted Desert–Flown over it; driven through the nearby environs, but never actually set foot in it. Would be on my list of things to do. Especially if there are numbers to work with.
98. Called off a wedding engagement–Nope.
99. Become a follower of Jesus Christ–No.

No comments: