Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Have I Ever? A Legalbgl Perspective

Ok, so I wanted to get in on the act too. It was fun thinking about the answers. Interesting enough, several of the responses involve Lawhawk. Doing this list also brought back memories of Lawhawk, myself and two other friends, in a car, at White Castle's parking lot taking a 500 question 'Purity Test' when we were teenagers. I remeber one of our friends getting the nickname "Ivory Snow" for comming out 99 44/100% pure. Well, here are my responses.

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink – Nope. Have bought all my friends in the bar a drink, but never the entire bar.
2. Swam with wild dolphins – No. Wanted to on one vacation but never did.
3. Climbed a mountain – I have hiked throughout Bear Mountain in Upstate New York..
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive – Is this “Scent of a Woman”? I don’t think they allow those cars out on a test drive.
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid – I have climbed up Kukulcán Pyramid at Chichén Itzá, Mexico.
6. Held a tarantula – of course…who has not been to a children’s pet and touch zoo.
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone – Ask Mrs. Legalbgl.
8. Said “I love you’ and meant it! – Ask Mrs. Legalbgl.
9. Hugged a tree – why risk the splinters?
10. Bungee jumped – Yeah right!
11. Visited Paris – Yes, in 1995. Spent two weeks there.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea – Yes, was on a cruise ship leaving Belize as a hurricane was approaching.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise – Yes, most memorably on Mt. Haleakala, Maui.
14. Seen the Northern Lights – Nope, want to.
15. Gone to a huge sports game – Been to three New York Mets playoff games, the most recent with Mrs. Lawhawk, and dude, it was Mets/Cardinals, not Dodgers!
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa–No. Don’t think you can go inside anymore.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables – Yup. Dad used to grow tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant and zucchini in Brooklyn.
18. Touched an iceberg – Iceberg Vodka
19. Slept under the stars – Yup
20. Changed a baby’s diaper – Ask me again in February.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon – yeah that sounds safe!.
22. Watched a meteor shower – Yes, in 1994/
23. Drunk champagne – You don’t “drink” champagne, you sip it…and of course I have sipped it..
24. Given more than you can afford to charity – No.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope – Yes. Love the stars..
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment – Ask Mrs. Legalbgl.
27. Had a good fight – Absolutely, I am from Brooklyn you know! Oh, and I remember Lawhawk’s “boot to the head” moment … what a god night!
28. Bet on a winning horse – Go, baby, go!.
29. Asked out a stranger – Yes, and asked out some strange women!
30. Had a snowball fight – Of course!
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can – Been to three Met Playoff games, what do you think?.
32. Held a lamb – Pet a lamb, don’t remember if I held it.
33. Seen a total eclipse – Yes, through welders glass.
34. Ridden a roller coaster – rode my first roller coaster earlier this year.
35. Scored a winning goal – scored the winning run in softball, scored the winning touchdown in football, scored the winning points in bowling and darts, made the winning shot in pool, but a soccer, hockey or lacrosse goal, no, never.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking – It was called college!
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day – no, not for an entire day.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment – The day Mrs. Legalbgl told me she was pregnant.
39. Visited all 5 continents – No. N. America and Europe. Thought I may have done South America, but I only went as far south as Central America.
40. Taken care of someone who was drunk – Ask Lawhawk.
41. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country – Of course. In London all you have to say is Hi, I am from New York City..
42. Watched wild whales – Yes, saw them from the pool of our hotel in Maui as well as from a lighthouse on Kauai.
43. Stolen a sign – Only in baseball.
44. Backpacked – across western Europe.
45. Taken a road-trip – Yup, and several of them was with, to or from Lawhawk.
46. Gone rock climbing – No
47. Midnight walk on the beach – Yup, Cancun.
45. Gone sky diving – Are you crazy, why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
49. Taken a train through Europe – Ahh, Eurorail. The adventure, the memories, the smell of the French!
50. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love – nope.
51. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them – Yes, Munic, Hofbrau House, 1995.
52. Milked a cow – Don’t have a cow man!.
53. Alphabetized your CDs – Tanks for reminding me…been meaning to do that again.
54. Sung karaoke – Yes, and someone has the tape to prove it.
55. Lounged around in bed all day – It was called college!
56. Gone scuba diving – Once. Also snorkeled several times. Was going to snuba once but they wanted a lot of money for that.
57. Kissed in the rain – Yes, but under an umbrella.
58. Gone to a drive-in theatre – No, missed out on this piece of Americana.
59. Started a business – yup, failed, oh well, lesson learned.
60. Taken a martial arts class – Yes, loved it, wish I had time to do it again!
61. Been in a movie – This really blew my mind, the fact that me, an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome should be the star of a Hollywood movie?
62. Crashed a party – It isn’t a party till I crash it!
63. Gone without food for 5 days – I am sorry, is my name Gandhi?
64. Gotten a tattoo – Nope, mommy would KILL me (So would Mrs. Legalbgl – and I am afraid of both!)
65. Got flowers for no reason – For someone else, yes. From someone else, no :(
66. Performed on stage – Yes, 6th grade class play – A Midsummer’s Nights Dream. I was Puck.
67. Been to Las Vegas – What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!!!
68. Recorded music – Was a member of Red Dragon Music, A college club that cut CDs from local school bands.
69. Buried one/both of your parents – Thankfully no.
70. Been on a cruise ship – Yes, not nearly as many times as I would like..
71. Spoken more than one language fluently – No.
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over – Did pick up and move to Nottingham England for a year, but that was for school.
73. Walked a famous bridge – Yes, Tower Bridge in London, Brooklyn Bridge several times, and with Lawhawk on 9/11 over the Manhattan Bridge.
74. Had plastic surgery – Why would I need to change this face?.
75. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived – If you say no, does that mean you didn’t survive?
76. Written articles for a large publication – Yes, ‘A Blog For All’
77. Tried to lose weight seriously – Yes.
78. Been in the military – Was accepted in to U.S. Army J.A.G. Corps. but turned it down
79. Read a good book – Sure, e-mail me and I will give you a recommendation.
80. Piloted an airplane – only on Microsoft’s Flight Simulator.
80. Petted a stingray – Yes, at several aquariums.
81. Broken someone’s heart – hope not, but probably did.
82. Broken a bone – Yes, several in each hand.
83. Eaten sushi – Umm…Sushi!!!.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – First time when I was 5 and several times since.
85. Parasailed – Nope.
86. Skipped all your school reunions – Yup – But did go to Mrs Legalbgl and Mrs. Lawhawk’s high school reunion.
87. Shaved your head – Nah, nature is doing it for me.
88. Caused a car accident – Hope not.
89. Pretended to be “sick” – Yes.
90. Swam in the Pacific Ocean – No, Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, Long Island Sound, no Pacific Ocean.
91. Saved someone’s life – No, but I am taking a CPR Course in January.
92. Fainted – Yes, once when I broke two fingers in my hand.
93. Been in the room while someone is giving birth – Ask me in February.
94. Hitchhiked – Yes, from Nottingham to London.
95. Adopted a child – No, but my Cousin did.
96. Been caught daydreaming – Yes.
97. Been to the Painted Desert – No, but I want to.
98. Called off a wedding engagement – No.
99. Become a follower of Jesus Christ – What? Why is this question here?

No comments: