Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Something Lighter

Anonymous emailer - a friend and associate who remains nameless - suggested that I post on something lighter than my usual fare. He suggested baseball and that I should make a few predictions.

Mrs. Lawhawk thought this quite funny. I agreed. Actually, the only thing funnier will be the quality of my predictions. So, without further ado, here are my predictions and take them for what it's worth:

1) Chris Shelton will not win the home run title this year. Albert Pujols will.

2) The Mets will win just enough games to make it interesting, but not enough to make the playoffs.

3) Since I play fantasy baseball online, whenever I bench a player in favor of another guy on my team, the guy on the bench will go lights out with a couple of homers and a bunch of runs batted in. Tonite alone, I lost out on Jason Bay (2 for 2, a home run, 3 rbi and an OPS of 3.5) Two days ago, it was Xavier Nady (2 for 3, 2 runs, a homer, 3 rbi, and OPS of 2.167). I hear people pay good money for this kind of abuse.

4) Barry Bonds will not bat his weight this year, but will still manage to hit enough homers to give Bud Selig palpitations.
5) Pedro Martinez, who currently has his mojo back, will lose it and blame Jobu.
6) David Wright should win the National League MVP award.
7) Women prefer Yankees over Mets. So says the New York Post. No word on whether Page Six was involved.
8) Travis Hafner is the best slugger no one has heard of.
9) Alex Rodriguez is still better than Albert Pujols. For now. Let's see if either of them can win a World Series.
10) Ben Sheets will be the best pitcher in the NL - once I either trade him or drop him because he's on the DL just a wee bit too long.
11) The pitcher of the year will be Roy Oswalt. And his being on my team has everything to do with that selection.

So there you have it.

No comments: