Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Good Back and Forth

The Capitol Police screwed up when they arrested Cindy Sheehan for wearing a t-shirt at the State of the Union Address and for ushering Beverly Young out of the Gallery. And I screwed up in my rush to judgment - the laws weren't as clear as I led my readers to believe. Heck, the folks that were supposed to know the law and rules inside and out, the Capitol Police, admitted that they didn't know them and shouldn't have acted against Sheehan or Rep. Bill Young's wife, Beverly.

Score one for Glenn Greenwald.

So there you have it Mr. Greenwald. Not only did I provide updates in my original posting showing that the Capitol Police acted improperly, but have now made this separate posting issuing a correction.

As for the link it the headline, it shows the inherent problems with controlling the Gallery during these events.

No comments: