The Port Authority indicates that one of the goals for the Freedom Tower (1WTC) is that it will reach 20 stories during the 1st quarter of 2010. Right now, we're about three stories.
Here are the goals accomplished to date:
* Installed 10,000 tons of steel and 80,000 cubic yards of concrete for Port Authority projects on the WTC site.In the first quarter of 2010, the following work is expected to be undertaken, including the first shipment of roof steel for the transportation hub.
* Installed more than 7,500 tons of steel for the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
* Over 51,000 cubic yards of concrete has been placed for One World Trade Center, which now rises 105 feet above street level.
* Over 2,300 cubic yards of concrete has been placed and 15 slurry panels have been completed to date for the new Vehicle Security Center.
* More than 1000 construction workers on site.
* 51 Calatrava arches have been installed for the East-West Connector of the World Trade Center Transportation Hub.
The Freedom Tower is expected to be built out by 2013 as is the full 9/11 memorial and museum. A portion of the 9/11 memorial is expected to be open by the 10th anniversary.