Sunday, May 04, 2008

Recharged

Some of you might have wondered what happened this past week with the absence of postings.

Well, that's pretty simple. Mrs. Lawhawk and I took a vacation to Arizona. We spent a week going from Tucson to Sedona and hitting a whole bunch of national parks and landmarks along the way. We hit Saguaro National Park, Montezuma Castle National Monument, Montezuma Well National Monument, Casa Grande National Monument, Walnut Canyon National Monument, Petrified Forest National Park, and Painted Desert National Monument.

More than 1,100 miles were driven in the week, courtesy of a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The car handled pretty well in mountainous terrain and the Sirius Radio was a big hit.

We wish we could have spent more time exploring Sedona, but with a whirlwind trip, we didn't have much extra time. However, we did take on the Pink Jeep Tour, which I highly recommend. You get to see parts of Sedona you can't normally visit and we were able to schedule a sunset tour, though the sky wasn't exactly perfect due to haze from wildfires and prescribed burns upwind around Flagstaff. Still, some of the photos did take on a very ethereal quality as a result of the haze.

As for food, I'd like to thank all those who provided recommendations on where to eat, especially in Scottsdale. You have lots of great options there, and I'll get into those choices in future posts.

I'll be posting photos shortly as I upload them and detailing my itinerary and I'll be updating blog postings soon enough.

No comments: