Friday, November 03, 2006

White Powder Found In Sen. Schumer's Office

I am looking out my office window down 3rd Avenue in Manhattan and there are a lot of emergency service vehicles a few blocks south. So, wondering what is going on, I turn to 880 Radio AM (the only AM radio station I can get without much difficulty in my office) and they just reported that a white powder substance was found, presumably by an aide, in Charles Schumer's NY office located a 757 Third Avenue.

On the web, the only place I can find any information(for now at least) is WNBC Newschannel 4's site.

A suspicious powder was found at Sen. Charles Schumer's Midtown Manhattan office Friday, authorities said.

A Joint Terrorism Task Force headed to the scene at 757 Third Ave. after an envelope containing white powder was opened. Schumer's office is on the 17th floor, police said.

There were no reports of injuries, and preliminary tests showed that the substance is not explosive. Anthrax, however, had not been ruled out, police said.


Probably turn out to be nothing, but, so close to midterm elections, who knows.

No comments: