Sadly, Khadafi and Ahmadinejad are following President Obama at the podium, which highlights the range of legitimacy between attendees. In addition to his repeated calls for Israel's destruction, Holocaust denial, support for jihad and international terrorism, Ahmadinejad stole the election in Iran, Chavez has been assaulting the democratic institutions in Venezuela to accumulate more power for years, and the dictator Khadafi has been thuggishly ruling Libya for decades all while supporting international terrorism (and who so warmly received the bomber convicted in the Pan Am 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland.
Those are only three of the high profile foreign attendees. Others include Robert Mugabe who has destroyed Zimbabwe's economy and has held an iron grip on his country by throwing that nation's elections.
So, when I say that the United Nations this week will resemble the Mos Eisley cantina, I'm not kidding. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy anywhere on the planet.
Khadafi finally gave his speech, and it was a doozy. To recap Khadafi's craziness:
- Pharmaceutical companies create viruses in order to then sell vaccinations.
- Jack Ruby's killing of Lee Harvey Oswald needs to be investigated.
- Questioned the US war in Afghanistan.
- Called Iraq War the mother of all evils.
- Questioned the legitimacy of the Security Council permanent member vetoes, claiming their illegitimacy because the Charter claims that all nations are equal.
- He also questioned the existence and emergence of the swine flu, claiming it was likely a military weapon gone awry.
- He wants the African Union to get a permanent seat on the Security Council (which he also calls the Terror Council).
Bear in mind that he was only supposed to speak for 10 minutes, and he went raving for 94 minutes. That's a whole lot of crazy, and I'm sure a few of his more memorable phrases got lost in translation, but Ahmadinejad is going to have a hard time topping this craziness. Then again, Ahmadinejad always finds a way to let his crazy out.