Friday, September 28, 2007

Reporter: Quote Thyself!

Yesterday, I noted the curious news dispatch Jammie discovered by Reuters reporter Noor Mohammad Sherzai
who quoted himself (herself?) extensively in the story.

Since the story was first reported, there have been no further news reports from any other wire services, and no further updates from Reuters. Curious.

Also curious is the paucity of other eyewitnesses to the events claimed. If this was a situation where a number of Afghans had gathered following an attack, surely there would be other eyewitnesses to the incident who could provide details. Instead, we got Sherzai giving details that were not reported anywhere else.

Why is that?

I have inquiries in to ISAF to see whether there is any further information on the incident. I'll post as soon as any relevant information becomes available.

UPDATE:
I've received an email from MSgt Petcoff at the ISAF Press Office informing me to contact Combined Joint Task Force-82 Public Information at 0797 423275 to obtain further information on this incident.

I'm unable to make that call right now, but if you have the time and ability to do so, please go ahead and if you get a response, I'll post the response here.

No comments: