Sunday, January 28, 2007

Photos of the Day

As many of you know, I love taking photos and I've finally stepped into the digital age. After spending the past five years shooting on film, I've been upgraded to digital. Mrs. Lawhawk's early anniversary gift was the Canon Rebel XTi with the 18-55mm EFS lens, a 50mm 1.8 prime, and a wireless timer (no more running to beat out the self timer). Combine them with my existing Sigma 28-300, Sigma flash, and Tamron 19-35mm, and I've got a wide range of lenses and accessories to tackle just about any situation.

So, without further ado, here are two of the first photos taken of an orchid plant I've been growing for the past two years. It's blooming again, and what better opportunity to try out some of the different settings than on this wonderful still life.

copyright 2007 lawhawk

No comments: