Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tag! I'm It

I've been tagged by V the K - he of Caption This to describe five of my personality quirks. This should be fun.

Quirk 1: I have an aversion to responding to these kinds of taggings, but folks think it's interesting to know whether I like boxers or briefs (can you say neither and both at the same time? I knew you could). So, like Caesar, I'll give folks exactly what they want. A festivus for the rest of us.

Quirk 2: I quote movies and television. A lot. Even stuff I haven't always seen. I wasn't a fan of Seinfeld, and yet I still can quote a bunch of stuff. Maybe that's what happens when there's nothing but Seinfeld on at 11:30PM and you can't fall asleep.

Quirk 3: Lawhawk isn't my preferred pseudonym name. John Roberts was already taken. So was Instapundit. Yoda would have attracted too much of the wrong kind of attention. Actually, my current pseudonym is a fortunate accident of happenstance. When I first registered for Yahoo! mail, hawkeye@yahoo.com was already taken, so I went with the next best thing I could think of. Since I was going to law school, it was a natural. The rest, as they say, is history.

And the origins of my original nickname will forever remain shrouded by the Dark Side.

Quirk 4: When in doubt, I cite to Star Wars. And I can do a mean impersonation of James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader.

Quirk 5: If there's a list, it can always be improved by adding additional items. That's why my lists invariably aren't Top 5 or Top 10 items, but rather Top 7 or Top 16.

Quirk 6: Growing up, I wasn't big into hard rock and heavy metal. Now, that's the only kind of music I want to listen to. That and classic rock. Why is this? NIN and Metallica are among my favorites, and their stuff beats 99% of the crapola spewed by Sony/BMG/Columbia/Atlantic/Virgin and all the other labels combined. Focus groups, and listening to Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken can do that, I guess. So can deciding that a computer can choose what we should listen to better than a DJ with 30 years experience and who actually met 99% of the acts he or she plays. Oh, and while we're at it, why is NYC music radio a dying breed? We've got 8 million people, and not a damned rock station within our borders? We've got to go to Pirate Radio for the good stuff. Literally - Seton Hall radio is one of the last bastions of decent radio in the NYC metro area.

I hereby deem the following tagged: Basil's Blog, Gina Cobb, Everything & the Kitchen Sink, Mister Snitch, and GOP and the City.

No comments: