Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Worthy Read

Jay Tea summarizes things in Gaza nicely.
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that there will be settlers killed during the withdrawal from Gaza. But they won't be killed by their fellow Israelis, but by Palestinians.

I'll go even further, and predict that there will be numerous calls for Israel to "show restraint" and "break the cycle of violence" and to NOT retaliate for the killings.

Oh, what the hell. I'll go right to the point of wishful thinking, and predict that Israel will do exactly as it promised when it announced the settlement: hit back, and hit back HARD. Make it abundantly clear that they left on their own terms, by their own choice, and they can and will come back in force any time they consider it necessary.

Because I've lost track of just how much "restraint" they've shown. All I remember is that it's measured in stacks of dead Israelis.

No comments: